QAFLW Head Coach 2021 EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
With a proud history as being the oldest AFL club in Queensland, with a highly successful and established Women’s program, The Yeronga South Brisbane Football Club (YSBFC) is actively seeking expressions of interest for the role as Head Coach for the 2021 QAFLW Season and beyond.
In 2020, the YSBFC achieved great success winning the QAFLW Premiership and the Development team being Runners-up.
With the continued growth and development of Women’s AFL, the YSBFC Committee are committed to ensuring the YSBFC Women’s program provides an environment that exceeds the expectations of the community and the QAFL through the quality of its program while being grounded in strong club values and positive communication that fosters an inclusive and supportive approach.
YSBFC have established an environment that develops and produces female footballers prepared to take the next step and succeed at the AFLW level or achieve other representative playing honours. This ability to produce elite and high-performance individuals is achieved whilst appreciating and understanding the indirect longer lasting benefits for participation in team sports for all athletes regardless of sporting ambition.
An incoming Head Coach can be confident of inheriting a talented and committed playing group that are seeking to ensure that the success of 2020 can be further strengthened for sustained success for returning, new and future players.
Reporting to the YSBFC Coaching Coordinator and the Executive Committee, this senior role is responsible for managing and steering the women’s program.
You will focus on educating and developing players with the technical knowledge and practical skills to deliver a clearly defined game plan and strategy.
A core component of the role will be in establishing clear standards and expectations that demands an inclusive culture where respect, trust and enjoyment for the game is not compromised.
You will also be responsible to oversee and communicate team selection, coaching strategy and tactics on game day, providing regular consistent feedback, whilst developing, leading and collaboratively working with the assistant / line coaches and other specialist club positions (eg S&C, Physio, Medical, etc.).
· Level 2 coaching accreditation (or currently completing Level 2)
· Experience in a similar role or playing capacity
• Ability to develop effective relationships built on mutual respect with players, coaches and Committee
• Demonstrated knowledge and connections with local and interstate football and development programs that can promote player pathways
• Experience or ability to demonstrate alignment with other local clubs to develop pathways for players in other divisions that provides shared benefit for both player and club development
• Demonstrated experience in the coaching and mentoring of athletes, including establishment of junior pathways that could including collaboration with other junior clubs that may not have an affiliated QAFLW program
• Demonstrated commitment to women’s development and empowerment
• Capacity to attract support staff and players that align with club values
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of industry technology for game review and analysis both for teams and individuals
Remuneration will be made available that would be linked to the achievement and satisfaction of defined criteria.
Position Description will be made available to candidates upon request.
NOW TO APPLY
An experienced panel has been formed to conduct interviews and assess interested candidates, In the first instance for any other information or for a confidential discussion around your potential interest please contact Trevor Gordon (President) 0412 170 035.
To apply please email your expression of interest to email@example.com by no later than 5 pm Friday 13 November 2020 (AEDT).
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.