Yeronga South Brisbane Football Club Men’s Head Coach Season 2021
Yeronga South Brisbane Football Club is seeking Expressions of Interest from accredited coaches for our senior men’s program.
We are looking for an experienced coach to rebuild our men’s football program. In recognition of the importance of this role is that you will report directly to the President of the club.
You will be joining a proud club that is in a rebuilding phase. The club began in 1910 and is one of the oldest in Queensland. We are looking to take advantage of the opportunities we expect to see present in 2021 from the interesting 2020 Covid season.
You will be a leader in a club that has the strongest Women’s Football program in Queensland. This includes the 2020 QAFLW premiers and QAFLW Development were runners up. We are an inclusive club because we recognise that our people make us strong. An example of this is the most amazing Auslan rendition of the club song that the women performed for one of our players who is deaf.
· Leadership skills
· Management of all coaches and assistant coaches in the Men’s program.
· Knowledge of football skills – technical and tactical
· Ability to analyse, study, plan and assess the game as it develops
· Ability to work closely with Team Manager
· Effective communication skills
· Attend Club Coaching Forums
· Level 1 accreditation
· Working with Children and Vulnerable People Registration
Duties and responsibilities:
· Teach players football skills and team tactics during training and match-day events
· set team and player goals and expectations at an attainable level
· encourage and create opportunities to develop individual as well as team skill
· provide clear instruction and feedback to the team and individual players
· help players understand the importance of regular attendance and positive attitude at training, and possible impact on team selection
· Set the standard of behaviour and display integrity in all dealings
· Ensure equipment and facilities are safe and appropriate
· Promote the role of the Umpire and model appropriate game day engagement
· Understand injury prevention, care and management. Ensure that injured players are given prompt and competent medical attention, and that medical advice is strictly adhered to
· Seek to upgrade own skills and knowledge
· Promote the Club on and off the football field, informing families/players of the opportunities they have across the whole Club in terms of footy and supporting our Community.
· Agree to the Codes of Conduct provided by AFLQ.
Remuneration will be linked to short- and medium-term goals. This role is an opportunity for a hands-on leader to rebuild our program. We have been competing in Div 3 for the past couple of years, but it is our goal to compete in the Saturday competition as soon as possible.
Please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2020.
Please direct any questions to the President, Trevor Gordon on 0412170035.